Monday, May 11, 2015

My New Title at Screen International


I've been writing for Screen International since 2005. (My first review: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.) It's been an honor and a blast writing for the London trade publication, and today I've got some happy news to share: I've been named their Senior U.S. Critic. I love working with these people, and I'm looking forward to doing so in the future. When Roger Ebert used to go to the Cannes Film Festival, he would start every morning by reading Screen International. What a thrill it is for me to be associated with such a venerable institution.

What does this mean for my other outlets? Not a thing: I'll continue to write and review for Deadspin, Paste, Rolling Stone, The Dissolve, you name it. But for now, I'm excited to be heading to Cannes. And I'm grateful to work with the great folks at Screen.