Friday, January 11, 2013

Santigold - "The Keepers"

Here's why you should never put together your Pazz & Jop ballot while suffering from a low-grade fever. While compiling my 10 picks for Best Singles, I typed in Santigold's "Disparate Youth," my mind so foggy that only after I hit "Send" on the online ballot did I realize I meant to put "The Keepers," the second single from Master of My Make-Believe. Somehow, I got the two titles mixed in my brain, which would be bad enough. What's even worse is that I may, in fact, have actually put in "The Keepers." (It's all such a blur I can't even remember now.) As someone who takes this stuff inordinately seriously, well, it's incredibly embarrassing. Anyway, here's the song that I meant to include on my ballot. We'll find out next week, when the full results are announced, whether I actually did.