Saturday, January 26, 2013

'Movie 43' Review


Hardly a rebellious youth, I recall that one of the "edgiest" things I ever did in my childhood was trying to rent Kentucky Fried Movie at my local video store before I was 18. Because it was rated R, I needed my parents' permission, so the video store called my folks to ask them if it was OK that I was renting the movie. (Naturally, my parents had no idea what the hell this movie even was.) That's a fond memory, and I thought of it while watching Movie 43, which is a new generation's version of a sexually outrageous comedy made up of short films. And while it's not very good, it is rather fascinating. My review is up at Screen International.

(By the way, if you want to skip this movie and just see the best short in it, may I refer you to "Victory's Glory"? NSFW.)