Saturday, June 16, 2012

Back Stage: Marina Abramovic, Mark Duplass and Ethan Hawke Await You


Writing projects delayed me, so I'm only now mentioning this week's Screen Grab column for Back Stage. That's unfortunate since there are three movies out this weekend that are absolutely worth your time. You've got the great documentary Marina Abramovic: The Artist Is Present, which I saw at Sundance and definitely provoked the waterworks in your intrepid critic. Then there's Your Sister's Sister, which I've been raving about since Toronto. Lastly, there's the nicely moody The Woman in the Fifth. Kristin Scott Thomas you know is almost always magnificent, but I think the real revelation here is Ethan Hawke, who once again proves how good he can be when he finds the right material. The full column is here.