Tuesday, March 22, 2022

True/False 2022: The Rankings and the Rundown


I haven't been to True/False since 2019. Where did the time go? (Oh, right, the pandemic.) It was great to be back. Below, here's a quick ranking of every film I saw at the festival, including a few I checked out in advance. (Links lead to my Sundance reviews.)

16. Eventually 
15. Days and Nights of Demetra K.
14. We Met in Virtual Reality
13. Brotherhood
12. Fire of Love
11. The Territory
10. Sirens
9. After Sherman
8. Children of the Mist
7. GES-2
6. I Didn’t See You There
5. Factory to the Workers
4. Riotsville, USA
3. 2nd Chance
2. Dos Estaciones
1. Where Are We Headed?

As opposed to my usual (epic) rundown, I split duties with fellow critic Dom Sinacola for this Paste recap. True/False is still recovering from Covid, as all festivals are, but even at three-fourths strength, it was a fine time.