Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Best Picture Ballot for the 2013 Academy Awards


I know, I know: They're not called the Academy Awards anymore. Regardless, here's how I would fill out my Oscar ballot. (And here's some very humorous background on the Academy's preferential voting system.) To be clear, these aren't predictions: This is how I would fill out my ballot if I was an Academy member....

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. Amour
3. Lincoln
4. Silver Linings Playbook
5. Life of Pi
6. Les Miserables
7. Django Unchained
8. Argo
9. Beasts of the Southern Wild

And here's my quick overview of 2012's best movies.

No matter how slice you it, the Academy did a pretty good with its Best Picture picks. Yes, The Master isn't on there, but not one of these movies is less than solid. (But, of course, I liked Les Miz.)