Sunday, September 18, 2011

toronto film festival 2011, from worst to best

If it hadn't been for a nasty cold that wiped out the last two-and-a-half days of my trip, I would have easily logged over 30 films during my stay at the 2011 Toronto Film Festival. Nonetheless, here's my list (from worst to best) of what I saw, including films I screened in advance. Links lead to my reviews or articles over at The Projector....

Peace, Love & Misunderstanding
This Side of Resurrection
360
50/50
God Bless America
Twixt
Albert Nobbs
The Artist
Friends With Kids
Rampart
The Deep Blue Sea
Sarah Palin: You Betcha!
Damsels in Distress
Moneyball
Guilty
A Dangerous Method
Alps
Melancholia
The Loneliest Planet
Wuthering Heights
Your Sister's Sister
The Descendants
Into the Abyss
Drive
Shame

So many movies, and yet so many I wish I could have seen: Once Upon a Time in Anatolia, Elena, The Kid With a Bike, A Separation, I Wish... Oh well, it happens. I'm hoping this year's AFI Fest helps fill in some gaps for me.